Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Seeking an Agent

Hello out there, are there any agents out there any that are real, don't need to be coddled
any that are able to address an email without trying to sound grand or above the rest of the world, there must be some, there must be a few who know the rest of the world uses email, and use postage stamps for letters.
In this day and age of technology to much time is wasted using old methods of communication but oddly agent, or the ones I've contacted so far don't have the skills God gave as goose and so, I'm left to emailing or writing self important agents who are offended if there is more then one addressee on the email.
Yes, I am actively seeking an agent to help me publish more then 15 manuscripts, I've written about child abuse, I have first hand knowledge on that subject, about the male nude, the bible, history and poetry.
I wonder if there is an agent who I could talk with, review, develop or whatever agents do
and get a manuscript published.
What is an agent, I've now read all the local stuff about agents and it seems all over rated, naturally I am speaking for my personal experience, which to be honest is very limited
I'd like to meet an agent, contact with an agent for a year.
Now to be honest I have gotten letters from those that call themselves as agent and naturally they need 200 to 900 dollars to start what ever it is they do.
I've heard that agents are so busy that they feel they have a right to be rude, is there ever any reason to be rude?
I've looked over the 2000 names listed as agents and sent most of them an email
the replies weren't worth my time reading, most were angry that I would write or send an inquiry to more then one of them at a time, as if the world began and ended with them. How could have I been so mistaken.
And so, I will keep seeking that one agent, knowledge able, and willing to work.
well that is enough today, hope to hear from an agent.

No comments: